May 7, 2014

The First Martyrdom In Japan 1

     The first martyrdom occurred in Japan in 1597 about four-hundred years ago. The twenty-six were executed by crucifixion on Nishizaka Hill in Nagasaki including six foreign priests. 
This martyrdom is called the Twenty-six Martyrs of Japan.
     I knew about the Twenty-six Martyrs of Japan because I had learned about it in the subject, History of Christianity in Japan.  But I didn’t have special interests in that.
     But, God directed us to go to Nagasaki for the purpose to pray through prophecy at the church I was led by God, and told us that God had His utterance to us especially through the walk of the Twenty-six Martyrs of Japan.
     After discernment, I felt it was certainly the will of the Lord, and took a visit several times after that.  Following the trace of them who martyred, I made a prayer to the Lord Jesus Christ, and read the Scriptures attentively and enjoyed. At that time, the Lord absolutely gave a lot of His utterance. It was considered very important for us Christians living in the modern world.

No comments:

Post a Comment