May 24, 2014

Letter By Thomas Kozaki 1

“Dear Mother, I am writing this letter with help of God’s grace.   
     As testified in the sentence that is carried on a board, the priests and the others are journeying to be crucified in Nagasaki number in all twenty-four. You should not worry about me and my father Michael.  I am waiting in paradise, hoping to see you very soon.  
     Although you need the priests, if you are earnestly repenting your sins with all of your heart at the hour of your death and if you are giving thanks for the many blessings of Jesus Christ, then you will be saved.  And bear in mind that everyone in this world has to come to an end, and so strive so that you will not lose the eternal total happiness of paradise (heaven).  No matter what men impose on you, try to be patient and show much charity for everyone.
     In particular, regarding my two younger brothers, Mancius and Philip, don’t allow them to fall into the hands of heathens.  I commend you to our Lord and ask you to send my greeting to everyone I know. 
     I eagerly repeatedly ask you to remember to repent your sins, for this alone is important.  Adam was saved by his repentance and the redemption although he sinned against God.
     The 2nd day of the Twelfth Moon, in Mihara fortress, in the kingdom of Aki."


1 comment: